Le Touret Cemetery with The Memorial to the Missing.
Memorial bears the names of over 13,000 men who fell in the surrounding area
and have no known grave.
They all fell before 25 Sept 1915 when The Battle of Loos began. The Missing who fell after this date are named on The Loos Memorial
The entrance to Le Touret Cemetery
over the entrace to the Le Touret Memorial is in English and French.
To the Glory
of God and in Memory of 13,482 British officers and men who fell fighting
in this neighbourhood from October 1914 to September 1915 whose names
are here recorded but to whom the fortune of war denied the known
and honoured burial given to their comrades in death
The section of the memorial bearing panels 39-41 which record the names of men of The Gordon Highlanders
The name of William Douglas on Le Touret Memorial